Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

San Francisco by Stomach Day 1

I love to try new places to eat when we travel, so when I had the opportunity to go to The Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco with my wife, I couldn't pass up the chance!

A few days prior to leaving, I caught a episode of Man vs. Food or the Carnivore one, not sure which. Anyways, They were talking about this place in San Francisco, with amazing carne asada, so I had to check it out. The place is named La Taqueria Cumbre, and it did not disappoint.

I read a few reviews online about the place and the consensus was, good food, bad service. I worked in food before, I know it sucks waiting on tourists, so I didn't let it deter us.

When we arrived, it came across as a authentic Mexican joint, smoky from the grill, salsa bar, people speaking spanish, you know the makings of some great food! Great food it was, I ordered the Deluxe Burrito with Carne Asada and black beans, my wife ordered a side of nachos with all the fixings, and I can't remember what she ordered, but I know she liked it. It was fantastic. If you're ever in San Fran and are near the Mission District, check it out.

After eating our weight in burritos we decided to walk a bit. We hit up the Timbuk2 store in Hayes Valley, got lost a bit, and after about 5 miles of walking we ended up back at the hotel. It was now 4:00 p.m. so we called it a night. In our defense, 1. We got up at 4:30 a.m. in Ohio 2. We walked and ate a lot. and 3. My wife is pregnant. So, to bed we went.

The next day was more eventful......I promise.

3 comments:

  1. We walked from our room in the Fisherman's wharf area to the Haight district, the park...and then back. We were completely cooked after doing those hills. Unlike you, we found some super healthy eats, but totally missed this place you mention. Didn't know there was a Timbuk2 store there, either!

    Love that city. Couldn't live there, but great to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why you are skinny and I am not! If I didn't ride my bike so much, I would be 400lbs!:) Actually I usually eat healthier, it's the beer that hurts me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I ate the carne asada taco dinner.

    ReplyDelete