Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My New to Me Specialized Singlecross

Thanks to Brandon, I now have a bouncing baby Singlecross! Went out for a cold, slushy, and snowy road shakedown ride. While most of my friends are inside on their trainers, I refuse to ride inside. My original plan was to race geared this year, but that has since changed. That is why I was so happy that Brandon got a new frame and I have this to ride for the rest of the winter, and be ready to ride( the new MTB) off road as soon as the weather breaks.

I got the frame, fork, wheels, and tires from my man Brandon. The rest of the build was stuff I already had, which will be changing as needed or as funds come in. The build is and upgrades to be done are:

Frame: Specialized Tricross Singlecross
Fork: Specialized Fact Carbon Cross with Zerts inserts and Alloy Steer
Headset: Stock Loose ball IS   UPGRADE: Probably Cane Creek 40 TBD
Stem: Easton EA30 105 mm 31.8
Handlebar: Salsa Bell Lap 44mm 31.8
Brake Lever: Old Ass Shimano SLR with Dirty Ass White Hoods   UPGRADE: Heck No Tektro Ergo's
Bar Tape: Salsa Black Gel (which I'm sure will change colors frequently, but thinking Rasta)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano UN-54 68X113
Crankset: Sugino RD Somethings with Salsa Ring(45t road/ 42 or 38t cross or tour)
Pedals: Shimano PD520
Brakes: Avid Shorty 4
Seat Post: USE Alien Carbon
Seat: WTB Silverado OEM take off
Wheelset: Specialized Looseball Hubs With Alex Rims  UPGRADE: Lighter Rims with Surly Hubs
Freewheel: White Industries ENO 18t
Tires: Specialized Houffalize(wirebead)  UPGRADE: Something Kevlar

I was also in San Francisco last week, so eventually I will get around to blogging about that. What a tale it will be! Prison, Pedi-cabs, beer, food, and food poisoning. So, until then, Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment