Search This Blog

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Couple of Good Rides This Week

I had Friday and Saturday off this week, so I got some good rides in. Friday was my sister's 40th birthday, so in her honor I rode 40 miles. It was a mellow pace @ 10 miles per hour on the Chubby Monkey. The highs were in the low 20's, so my Heed had turned into a slushy, which was tasty. The down side was my drink was in a stainless steel Klean Kanteen, and I kept thinking my lips were going to freeze to it, but they never did. I rode from Akron, up the towpath to the Carriage Trail, up to the Hike and Bike to Brandywine Falls, and after a snack stop at Appalachian Outfitters I headed home. The "trails" were freshly covered with 3-4 inches of snow, and the roads were a slushy, salty mess. 



The Chubby Monkey


Brandywine Falls




Summit County Hike and Bike

Saturday's ride wasn't as long due to time constraints, but it was on actual single track. 



Quail Hollow

No comments:

Post a Comment