Search This Blog

Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th of July!

I had a great 4th of July. The wife and I went down to Pittsburgh to go to REI, lunch, and a little bike ride.

After shopping at REI, we went to Fat Head's restaurant and had some great cheese steaks. It had really fresh jalapeƱos, tasty beef, exceptionally fresh bread, and of course cheese and onions. I washed it down with a Founder's Centennial IPA and a Stone Arrogant Bastard. When we were ready to go ride our bikes, it started to rain, so I had a Stone Pale Ale until it stopped. Coincidently, Fat Head's has it's own beer, which I did not have, is actually brewed in Cleveland.



When it finally stopped raining we went for a short ride around the Southside of Pittsburgh.



This was my wife's first ride of the season, so we only rode 11 miles, which was fine because the humidity was high and it was close to 90 degrees.




We finally got to ride across the Hot Metal Bridge, and get a good view of the river and Pittsburgh.






Then we finished our fun off with a milkshake.




No comments:

Post a Comment