Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

First Race of 2011...Fail. Easter Egg Hunt...Win!




Raced at Vulture's Knob on 4.30.11 at their spring kick-off event. Though I didn't do the greatest, it was fun, and I got to race my new Salsa El Mariachi. Since it was the weekend after Easter, they had a Easter Egg hunt during the race, and since I wasn't counting on winning, I figured I would do my best at finding the eggs. On the course were 7 eggs, that would be turned in at the end of the race for prizes, and if you got the egg with the number 1 on it, you had to drink what they called "Dr. Knob's Concoction". 2 miles in on my first lap, I got a stuffed rabbit with a egg taped to it, which I had to ride with for the remaining 12 miles. On my second lap, I collected the evil egg number 1. I finished the race 6 out of 7 finishers, which helped me coin our new race team motto, " We don't always finish last, but we always try our hardest to".

At the award ceremony, I claimed my prizes. For my random egg I won a Peep basket with some Chamois Butt'r gifts.



And for Egg # 1 I had to drink a really nasty drink that I'm not allowed to tell all the ingredients, but it had Monster Energy Drink, whiskey, and 2 raw eggs. For drinking it and holding it down, I won $50.00! My first money winnings at a race! Even if I didn't keep it down, it would have been glorious, because I had just had a Chipotle burrito and 3 PBR's!



This photo was from Brandon, who left before my big moment of drinking the drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment