Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Weekend So Far

Friday night a group of us rode from Peninsula to Kent for a burrito run to Taco Tonto's. I had intened on bringing my cooler with some beverages, but in my frenzy to leave the house, I left it full of ice on the dining room table.

My second mistake of the evening was bringing the Big Dummy. I was declared the purse of the ride. Papa D's sweater(and beer), Fuzzyman's wallet, keys, and mobile communication device, and Kevlar's rain jacket. The only persons crap I didn't have carry, was the Russian's. I really didn't mind since I got to carry the beer!

It was a relaxing pace, though it seemed to get dark fast! It may be because there was a storm looming around, which we totally dodged! We got to Taco Tonto's and while we ate it rained. We followed up our burrittos with a beer at Ray's a staple bar in Kent. When we left Ray's, the rain had stopped, which left us wet roads to do some long skids on the Big Dummy. The funny part was, when I would hit a bump, the empty beer bottles, from our earlier beer stop, would clank loudly.

Once we got closer to Peninsula I realized the night was coming to an end. So, with a mile and a half to go, we all stopped and BS'ed for a few then headed back. What a great night, we ended up with about 33 miles.




Today(Saturday), I went down to Mohican State Park for a mountain bike ride. I started of okay, but the combination of 6 hrs. of sleep and the previous night fun, I fatigued early. At mile 20 I started feeling good again for the final 5.




Hopefully tomorrow the weather will cooperate so I can ride to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment