Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Moving On

Alright, I stretched the San Francisco trip out too long. Day 6 My pregnant wife got food poisoning, and we spent the day in the hospital. That was not fun. I have also been to Minneappolis, for Quality Bicycle Products annual Frostbike event. That was very fun. I looked at cool bike stuff, ate great food, drank good beer, and got stuck there for a extra day and a half, because of a blizzard.

Moving on, I built a new bike over the winter. I had every intention to get a decked out racing carbon Specialized 29er Hardtail, but the availability date kept getting pushed back. Plus, in my head, I already had it parted out and had a different bike built up with it's components. Then, I was going to get a custom steel bike from either Siren, or Bronto. I had the trigger pulled on the Bronto, but between phone calls to put down the deposit and Thanksgiving, my wife informed me we were pregnant. I knew we were trying, but I didn't think it would have happened so fast. So, I did the semi responsible option, I got a Salsa El Mariachi frameset and built it up. There is always time for a custom bike in the future!

Bomb Pop Blue Salsa El Mariachi
Hopefully a ride report and review will follow, I will probably put the ride report on this blog and the review on the Solon Bicycle Blog which is where I work and will be over seeing that blog too. Hurry up spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment